1. Cut The Fat: No one wants to read a long, grueling post. If you want to be read, keep your posts skinny.
2. Make It Shiny: Tumblr is visual. Make your writing visual. Poetry is appealing- so are lists and pictures. No blocks of text!
3. Short Sentences Win: This is not the place for semicolons and lengthy sytax. Meet the dash- a great informal solution.
4. Say Something: What are you giving your followers? Is it entertainment, information or something to relate to? Say Something.
5. Title: Your title is your hook, your lead. Make it shout. Give it humor, an opinion, a bit of satire. Give it something.
6. Skinny Paragraphs: Make your paragraphs short and frequent. Don’t be afraid of one-sentence paragraphs— They demand attention.
7. Features: Write for yourself. Don’t worry about intellects or the editor’s watchful eye. Write for you, the everyman. The features will come, and if they don’t- they’re missing something brilliant.